This privacy notice explains how Excelsior Hair and Beauty looks after personal information you give us or that we learn by having you as a client and the choices you make about marketing communications you agree we may send you. This notice explains how we do this and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
- What information we collect about you
- How information about you will be used
- How long your information will be kept for
- Where your information is kept
- Access to your information and correction
- Other websites
- Changes to our privacy notice
- How to contact us
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you when you book an appointment for a service or treatment, visit the salon for a service or treatment, buy a product or apply for a job, whether contact is online, on paper, by email or over the phone.
The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, relevant history which may suggest that a service or treatment should not go ahead or certain products should not be used (eg allergies, pregnancy, skin conditions), payment and transaction information, IP address and CVs.
For clients under the age of 16, we will only keep and use their personal information with the consent of a parent, carer or guardian.
HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WILL BE USED
In law, we are allowed to use personal information, including sharing it outside the salon, only if we have a proper reason to do so, for example:
- To fulfil a contract with you ie to provide the service or treatment you have requested and to communicate with you about your appointments
- When it is in our legitimate interest ie there is a business or commercial reason to do so, unless this is outweighed by your rights or interests
- When you consent to it: we will always ask for your consent to hold and use health and medical information.
We will therefore share your information with Suppliers of our website (Radiant Web)
We have rigorous data protection and security policies in place with all our suppliers.
Some of the people working in our salon are self-employed. Where software systems and reception facilities are shared, our self-employed colleagues will have access to your information.
We will not share your information with any other third party without your consent except to help prevent fraud, or if required to do so by law.
We would like to send you information about products and services which may be of interest to you. We will ask for your consent to receive marketing information.
If you have consented to receiving marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to third party suppliers of products or services. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact
The information we collect about employees, the purposes it is used for and who it will be shared with is set out in our employment contracts.
HOW LONG YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT FOR
Unless you request otherwise, we will keep your information to contact you no more than three times a year for a maximum of 1 year from your last visit to the salon.
After a year we will delete all your personal information, except for your name, relevant client history (eg allergy test records which we keep for 4 years) and financial transactions (which we are obliged to keep for 6 years).
Information about unsuccessful job applicants will be deleted after four months.
See our data retention policy for further information, including employee data.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS KEPT
On record card files at Excelsior Hair and Beauty 2 Folly Road Deanshanger Mk19 6HZ and Name, Address, Telephone Number and E,mail on DVD for use in computer.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This will normally be free, unless we consider the request to be unfounded or excessive, in which case we may charge a fee to cover our administration costs.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact Privacy@ Excelsior Hair and Beauty.co.uk
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
You have the right to ask us to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it.
What’s a cookie?
- A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
- Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
- Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Our website includes links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy notices.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This privacy notice was last updated on 16th May 2108
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you:
- By email Info@excelsiorhairandbeauty
- Or write to us at Excelsior Hair and Beauty 2 Folly Road Deanshanger MK187JH
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Find out on their website how to report a concern: